- Born 1971.
- Degrees: Master's Degree (International Economic Studies and Quantitative Economics), MSc in Economics and PhD in Economics. 1996 - 2001: Studies at Maastricht University (NL) and the University of Warwick (UK); 2001- 2005 : PhD studies at the University of Warwick; Warwick Postgraduate Research Fellowship (WPRF) at the University of Warwick; WPRF teaching; 2002- 2005: Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) (UK) fellow.
- September 2006: PhD in Economics (title : "The Economics of Third Party lnvolvement ").
- 2005 - 2009: Research associate in the scientific staff of the German Council of Economic Experts (area of responsibility: labor market economics and issues of the German labor market).
- 2009 - 2012: head of the unit "Labor Market and Working Time Research" at WSI.
- Since November 2012: head of the unit "Basic Macroeconomic Research, Labor Market" at IMK.
- Since February 2019: Honorary professor at the University of Kaiserslautern-Landau (RPTU) (until 12/2022: University of Koblenz-Landau).